Football is not played on paper

Didi Desai is the only coach among 32 teams of the World Cup, who has the experience of winning the World Cup and Euro as a player. The opportunity to win the Euro also came as a coach. But the last laugh of the 2016 final gave the laugh to the countryman. The 49-year-old former French midfielder, who is currently in France, remains in France after Brazil's World Cup. The young team that plays in the final of the Euro is confident in the World Cup -


Q: France is considered to be one of the favorites ...

Didi Deshmukh: See, everybody who wants to play the World Cup wants to win the title. We are not even different. But we must take action to understand the situation. We have to play with the three teams at the beginning, we know their names. Preparing to understand their strengths. First of all we have to make sure that the second round. We are hopeful and want to go as far as possible in the World Cup. There is no doubt about this. But it will move in step-by-step.

Q: So, which parties can be obstructing your dreams?

Deshum: Many are the parties. Germany, Spain, Brazil, so many teams. They are all big teams in international football standards. Everyone has experience of winning important tournaments. Everyone has the capability to go to the end.

Question: 2016 final of Euro ...

Deshmukh: That's what made our fans optimistic for the World Cup. Our team is relatively young. This is the first World Cup. And for the first time, performing such a big stage is not a talking! Our first goal is the second round. And it must go through hard work and rules. There must be determination to reach there.

Q: You are a World Cup winning captain. How much does it help in the national team coaching?

Deshum: It is not so. But not because I was the World Cup winning captain. Because I was also a professional player because I went through all those moments. The role is different though. Yet one player and his psychology help to understand. I understand Because I was also like that in my playing career. My responsibility is to represent France, help everyone. This is also an opportunity to serve the country. It's an honor for me. At the same time, responsibility is also sweet.

Q: Didi-Benzeema trouble remains, is it

Desam: One thing I want to say, I have no problem with Karim (Benzema). My duty is to find the best team. The team that will be able to find those players will be strong. And because of my likes and dislikes, not personal. More important than that, the name of the country is involved. So, I tried to do the same way. A few years ago when there was a storm in the newspapers, I had to make sure that it would not affect the performance of the team. Players also tried to do that. But we reached the Euro final. Yes, I lost to the final. But I know players gave their best performance. We agreed at the ground or outside the field.

Q: How does it feel to work with relatively young footballers?

Deshum: I believe in discussions with them. As a human they all have their own qualities, they are confident as a player. Just have to show them their way.

Q: Denmark, Peru and Australia are in your group. It is not difficult to reach the second phase ...

Deshum: football is not playable on paper! If you take anything so easily, it's a danger. And this is the World Cup. Where is Australia playing regularly Peru comes from other continents, football in other genres. And Denmark is terrible. We must always be careful.


Q: It's your second World Cup as a coach. Is that extra pressure?

Deshum: No, there is no additional pressure. The reason is simple. I love to do the job. This love for me always shows me the way. My career has shown me the way, still showing me. It's a game and there should be joy, I always keep this in mind.

Q: How disappointing was the loss of Euro final?

Desam: What could be more frustrating than that rate in your own country? We also won the World Cup in our country. We were also hosts in EURO. But Portugal played better than us. We could not score However, that was a great lesson for us. We have taken it positively. Hope this helps us in Russia.


One way

Full Name: Didier Claude Desmond

Date: 15 October 1968.

Birth place: Beyoncé, France

When to play: defensive midfielder

For France: Match 103, Goal4

Coaching started: 2001

French coach: 2012

Achievement

As a coach

Runnersup Euro 2016

As a player

World Cup champion 1998

Euro champions 2000

No comments

Powered by Blogger.